May 16, 2012

I've got a secret...

Just in case you were wondering, I am, in fact, still alive.  It's true.  I know it might be hard to believe since I've been pretty quiet out here on the Prairie.  

Would you like to know what I've been doing? 

 I have been breathing, savoring time with my family, and just catching up in general.  Both during and after the competition (which I placed 4th in, by the way), I had a really hard time keeping life balanced, it got too busy, I got overwhelmed, and something had to give. 

 So I decided to just give myself a break, take the time I needed to get back on top of things, and to enjoy some of the beautiful spring we've been having.  And I'm so glad I did.  Taking a break has given me the chance to live without self inflicted deadlines for awhile, and wow, am I grateful for that!  I think I'm ready to slowly get back into the blog, but the key word there will be slowly.  I've really struggled back and fourth if I want to continue blogging, and while I have loved the challenge, the reward, and the opportunity to speak outside of these four walls, I want to enjoy myself, and I don't want blogging to be a chore.

So I've decided to take my time, post as I care to post, and not put the deadline pressure on myself of having a very direct blogging schedule.

Now, onto my secret...

I think part of the reason I got overwhelmed with blogging is that I took on a whole lot of new stuff within a couple of weeks' time.  I got news that I made the top 10 of the Sew-vivor competition, I started a twice weekly intense work out class that ran for 6 weeks, my husband was working long hours, and I started a little business.  Crazy much?!?

My little business is called Something Wonderful, and it has been a lot of fun for me.  Something Wonderful is a little shop full of hand made home decor, and simple accessories.  If you'd like to check it out, you can do so at www.facebook.com/somethingwonderful.jen.  

So that's my big secret!  

Thanks for stopping in, and for your understanding :)


1 comment:

Kim Rosema said...

I think taking breaks is healthy. Good for you for knowing when to do so and not being afraid to do it! Congratulations on the new shop and making the top 10 of Sew-vivor!