Mar 7, 2012

Burned Flower Pins

Well hello!  It's been awhile, I know!
But it's good to be back, and it's good to feel good!

What have I been up to?  Living life, enjoying my kids, and crafting, of course!

One quick and fun project I just completed was making a handful of some fun burned flower pins.  And, I gotta say, I love 'em!  They're perfect for slipping into a quick up-do to take it up a notch, they're great for dressing up a little cardigan, and they're just the thing to add to gift wrapping to make it extra-special.   


There are only a million burned flower tutorials out there in blogland, so I won't bother
 adding my method to the madness! Search "burned flowers" on Google or Pinterest and you'll be swimming in options in no time.  Just in case, here are a couple of tutorials from Jones Design Company and Make It and Love It.  


I used a simple alligator clip on the back of each flower for easy pinning, and no poking!  And in the middle of each finished flower, I squirted a healthy dollop of hot glue and piled on a bunch of beads or pearls.  Let the glue dry and voila!  Instant accessory!  

Enjoy!

Be blessed,

  I'll be linking up to a few of these fine link parties:

6 comments:

Tutus & Tea Parties said...

These look lovely!

I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/search/label/Link%20Party

Katie Adams said...

I have seen these done before but yours are much prettier then I have seen. I would love for you to share with my readers on Blog Stalking Thursday! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-stalking-thursday-31_07.html

{Adventuresindinner} said...

Love these! I made some awhile ago but I like yours so much better. Must practise.

Thank-you so much for sharing at Pin'inpiration Thursday C:

Hope you pop by on Saturday to check-out our new party.

Kristi said...

These are great. I have been thinking of jumping on the whole burned flower band wagon and your just pushed me over the edge. I pinned them and I will do them!!

Hanni said...

So beautiful! I made something similar in red and I love wearing it.

Katie Adams said...

You have been featured on the The Crafty Blog Stalker! I would love for you to stop by and grab a Featured Button! Wear it proudly!

http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-stalking-thursday-32.html