Mar 7, 2012

B-I-G News!

Oh man, I am feeling a little queasy right now.

You see, I did something back in January, without really considering the possibilities that might ensue.  I might have tossed my hat in the ring....or in this case, Addie's dress in the pile of insane talent over at Family Ever After for the intense Sew-vivor competition.  I did not ever even entertain the thought of actually making the top ten...but guess what?  I DID!!!


As I scrolled down the top ten post and saw my Addie dancing on the side walk in her Bustles of Love Dress, the first thought through my mind was, "Oh crap!"  So my friends, I am about to bring out the big guns and try my very best to swim with the big fish and compete with all I've got!  You can check out the ridiculously talented competitors here and you'll also find details on the competition.

The first round takes place April 4th, and the challenge is a judge inspired tutorial where I've got to make any tutorial from any of the judge's blogs and add my own flair to it.

I guess my little blog break is officially over and it's time to get down to business.  I'm both incredibly excited, and super nervous!  I'll be sure to keep you all updated on what my entries are and how I fare in the competition...plus I may throw out a few reminders to vote, vote, vote!

I know I can count on all of you for encouragement and support!



15 comments:

Randee Hallmark said...

WOW!!! Congratulations!! I don't see how you could not have made it with that adorable dress!! ;)

Tonia L said...

That's fantastic! You will do GREAT!!

Stacey said...

Woohoo!!!! You can do it, Jen! You've got the talent :)

Brian and Melissa Degelder said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Way to go Jen! You can SO do it! We will cheer u on!

odetoinspiration said...

Congratulations!!! Good luck!!

Kristi said...

Congratulations!! You will so awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Michelle said...

Congratulations, that dress is awesome. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with. Good Luck.

John & Michelle said...

I would so buy that for my Piper! Congrats!!!

Mindie Hilton said...

So pretty. Great work and congrats!

Tricia said...

Very exciting! Good luck!

makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

Alisha said...

Good luck :) It was a worthy win :)

-Alisha @ SnugasaBugBaby.com

Jen said...

You all are SO KIND! Thanks so much for making me smile and feel confident about getting started!

~Jen

Heather said...

This is such awesome news!! You are aamzing and I can't wait to see what you create!

Suburban Prairie Homemaker said...

Congratulations! I love that little dress!
Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker
www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com

Ramona said...

Way to go Jen! Do we get to vote or anything to help you out? I'm cheering you on, and loving that you're still creating as you live life with your family! I'm dreaming about my afternoons come fall and as I anticipate what's ahead, am grabbing moment here and there to craft alone and with the kiddos. You're inspiring me!