Jan 4, 2012

Rolled Paper Rosette Frame

I've recently completed a crafty project that nearly makes me swoon.  I was completely inspired by this fabulous post my dear friend, H. Rae from An Original Belle shared.

Her stunning rolled paper rosettes absolutely captivated me and got me thinking how I might use such dainty little blossoms.  After seeing her post sharing different ways to utilize the sweet flowers, I knew just what I would do.

So, using H. Rae's brilliant tutorial, I started rolling flowers from the pages of an old book I bought at the thrift store for ten cents.


I used nearly the whole book to roll all 140 blossoms.  While I didn't use all that many glue sticks, I certainly burned my fingers a lot! I even managed to glue a rosette to myself a couple of times, ouch!


These are only 94 of the 140 blossoms I rolled...about three-quarters of my way around the frame I ran out, so I had to start rolling again! 

Once I'd rolled a whole slew of paper rosettes and a tasty cup of coffee, I began gluing them to a large wooden frame my good friend Racheal gave to me.  I nestled the flowers closely together, slowly making my way around the frame.  Once I covered the entire frame I stepped back and looked at it from different angles, squeezing in a few more flowers where there was an odd gap or a free corner.  


And the finished product?  A frame positively flourishing with charming buds and blooms of varying shapes and sizes.


I look forward to accessorizing my rolled rosette frame in each season, the possibilities will be endless.  For now I've strung a small branch across the frame and hung paper snowflakes to compliment the winter wonderland outside.


What would you do with a giant bowl of 140 rolled rosettes?  

Be blessed,

I'll be linking up to a few of these fine link parties:


 

29 comments:

Katie said...

Great project!!! I love rolled rosettes and the frame was a great idea to put them on! I had friends who used paper flowers for their wedding....on all the tables, the boquets ect... they said they rented and watched two entire seasons of LOST while rolling them!!! lol!

--Katie
Creatively Living

Alida said...

I love this...now to find a frame and an old book. I am already armed with a glue gun!!

Lesley said...

I adore this! I made a wreath once and it took for...ev...er!
This frame is gorgeous and I'd love for you to come link it up to my Thursday party! I'll have the post up tomorrow so, if you can and remember to, please come share it!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness this is just gorgeous! I so need a frame and the patience to roll that many rosettes! Well done for having that much patience.

Hartyboys said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous. So simple but so effective. I may even make one for my library.

Quinn said...

I'd add them to my bridal bouquets! I was going to do coloured paper... but with the coloured buttons and broches maybe some story book flowers would be the perfect touch since I LOVE books...

Krista-Artista said...

I've done this project before, and I remember burning my fingers pretty much the entire time. It's all worth it though. You did a great job and I love the size of the frame you used. I wimped out and did a much smaller frame. Just beautiful!
Krista
krista-artista.com

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

Super looking project! I love it.

Dee

h. rae said...

OH MY GOODNESS, JEN! You are AMAZING! I just saw this and nearly swooned myself! I KNOW how long it takes to roll so many flowers. But, wow, did that turn out gorgeous! Now I want to do one! It's so beautiful! Thanks so much for linking to me in this post. I would love to feature you on my next M-I-Y Monday... let me know.

Christina said...

LOve this!
So cute!
xo

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

That frame came out sooo good. What a neat look!

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said...

Darling!! Oh my goodness Jen, this is unreal!!! So beautiful!!!

XO, Aimee

Teresa said...

Yeah, this project is gorgeous.

linda said...

I just adore this idea! And I'll be back later tonight for the party!

linda said...

Oops! What happened to my comment that said how much I love this! Well, here goes again ...

Melissa said...

This is SO pretty!!!

Erin~Just*Grand said...

These are wonderful! Thank you for posting. I am your newest follower!

Cameron Meerdink said...

These are so awesome - but I too, have a hate/hate relationship with my glue gun, so I'm gonna need to mentally prepare for such a project!

I'm a new follower - thanks for hosting the linky party :)

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

SO cute - I've made these rolled paper flowers and they take time. I usually do them at night while I'm sitting with the kids or when I'm in the car (as a passenger, of course!). I love your graphic about not having fingerprints...it made me chuckle! Serial crafter on the loose.
Take Care - Erin

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said...

Thanks for linking up!


XO, Aimee

The Girl Creative said...

This is amazing!! I think I'm going to have to do this! xoxo

adventuresindinner said...

Oh! I've been wanting to make one of these for awhile, this would be gorgeous as a wreath on a door.

Thanks so much for sharing at our Pin'Inspiration Party last week. You are a feature this week :-) Pop by and grab a feature button when you have a second.

D @ The Shady Porch said...

Hi Jen, Great project! I think the rosettes added a vintage, romantic vibe to the frame...which I LOVE! Thanks for sharing it and I posted it on FB/Twitter today too.

Terry said...

Jen, this is so beautiful and I adore the color this made. I want to do one now:)

Marilyn said...

Hi Jenn, HAPPILY featuring YOU tonight for TOP FAVS!! You where one of the MOST viewed for your amazing rosette frame.I LOVE IT.. So creative and Chic.. Hope you can stop in and enjoy the love/snag a button.. THANKS SO MUCH for joining in on Pin'Inspirational Thursday.. Hope you are back again starting tonight..xoxox.. ~Marilyn

Colleen said...

This is stunning!!! I've GOT to try this! Thanks!

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

These are darling and your frame turned out absolutely fabulous. Saw this on FB thanks to Shady Porch. I guess you must have linked up too. She showed mine also. Congrats to you. And I want to make these!! I just signed up to follow you!!

Nann

Miss Charming said...

I really like how the rosettes look. So beautiful.

Mindie Hilton said...

Your decor' is beautiful. I am hosting a Valentine contest and I would love for you to link up for a chance to win.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/