Jan 19, 2012

A Few Fun Thrifty Finds

Yikes!  This week has been one crazy whirlwind of activity!  Between school and social commitments, Zach working overtime hours, oh and those three little people that keep calling me "mom" and asking me to feed them, we've been running at break-neck speed!

As you can imagine, I haven't had a whole lot of time for craftiness, so I thought I'd share a few of my latest thrifty finds.  

 I found this...uh...charming 25th anniversary plate just the other day.  I really liked the size and shape of the plate, and upon closer inspection...


I saw that the 25th anniversary decorations were just stickers.


With just a few minutes of elbow grease, the stickers came off and I was left with a simple white platter.  I like that the quiet details are now the center of attention, the gentle curve of the plate along with the scalloped edge make it perfects for serving nearly anything.  Yippee!  Not bad for $1.00.


I also found this pretty metal napkin holder.  I think I'm going to paint it a fun color, maybe a bright sassy orange, or a flirty shade of yellow.  What do you think?  Oh, I snagged the napkin holder for 20 cents. 


Every time I look at this next find, I smile.


Another 20 cent bargain, this quirky cow-turned-cream-pitcher will be receiving a little makeover soon.  

How about you?  Have you made any stellar thrift store purchases lately?

Heads up!  The latest edition of the Head-to-Head Showdown goes live tomorrow evening at 10:30.  I know it normally would run Saturday-Tuesday, but I hate the thought of keeping fellow bloggers up until midnight to be first in line to link up...so I'll bump it up a little bit and start things up at 10:30 CST.  Be sure to swing by and link up a few of your fave projects, or just to peruse the creative posts!

Be blessed,

 


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great finds, love the plate!